Week 1 Results Are In!

 

(Hot and Cold Latent Print samples) 


This week I took out my first three samples and super glue fumed them to expose their latent prints. To my surprise, all three of the samples still had at least 12 identifiable minutiae. The cold and hot samples looked almost identical to last week when they were placed in their positions. The sample that was submerged underwater was a bit harder to read since I did not have enough time to dry it before fuming and the vapors stuck to the water on the slide itself as well. However, despite the slight visibility issue, I was still able to identify 12 minutiae points which are enough to match a latent print to a suspect's print. I look forward to seeing how next week's samples look and if they remain as clear as the current ones are. 

(Super Glue being Fumed to expose latent prints)

Comments

Popular Posts