Switching It Up (*Graphic Warning* )

 

After a lot of failed research attempts regarding the effects of weather on a cadaver, I believe I have come to the conclusion that I want to switch up my research topic. Not only because of lack on info, but while looking through tons of articles for information, I became more interested in the benefits that come from decomposers, such as flies, beetles, and vultures, snacking on animal carrion. I never thought that such a thing had any benefits to the environment but through research, am quickly learning that that is not true.

For example, when decomposers eat the dead animals or even humans, the remains get recycled and turn into chemical nutrients that get released back into the air, water, and soil. That fact alone is truly fascinating to me. So please stay tuned as I work to discover more about this fascinating way of recycling remains.



https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/130710-fly-blowfly-forensic-time-of-death-climate-science


References

Unknown. (2021). Nature Works; Decomposers . Retrieved from NHPBS: https://nhpbs.org/natureworks/nwep11b.htm

 

Comments

Popular Posts