Learning About Shotguns

So, for this experiment, I want to see if I can determine the distance and type of shotgun ammo used at a crime scene (homicide) based on the spread pattern of the pellets. I have only shot a shotgun a few times and have more experience with handguns and ARs. I am excited to learn more about shotguns and spend an ample amount of time firing them and studying their spread pattern. I have already started my research and I think I am going to test the 2 most common shotgun shells including Buckshot, and Birdshot. Buckshot has larger pellets in the shell, and fewer of them, usually around 10-12. This is commonly used for hunting larger targets such as deer. Birdshot has smaller pellets and contains a lot more, anywhere between 97 and 700 pellets. Another potential testing contender is Slugs, they do not contain small pellets as it is a singular round that is made to hit hard and go far. I look forward to beginning my testing at the range and will post another update next week!
https://www.newsweek.com/florida-man-frightens-neighbors-building-backyard-gun-range-1473652

Comments

Popular Posts